18 December 2006

Should not be allowed

Novelty ties with pictures of snowmen are one thing.

And socks picturing Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer have been annoying people for years.

But what's that I hear from a co-worker on the next bank of desks? They have a Christmas-themed ring tone on their mobile phone?

Fun. And what festive pop gem have they opted for?

Oh goody, it's Shakin' Stevens with 'Merry Christmas Everyone'.

And this is a 32-year old man. With a wife and kids.

Now I've got to go and find something sharp in the kitchen to cut my ears off just so I don't have to listen to it one more time.

Cretin.

7 comments:

Redboy said...

What a tit! Why such surprise at Christmas, like it's never happened before? I am looking forward to it, but some people's responce to this ANNUAL celebration is tragic.

Denim Boy said...

Too true, RedBoy.

It is most certainly a Christmas tragedy.

Anonymous said...

I've eaten a tube of Pringles to myself and now I want to die.

Hmmm, that was terribly melodramatic.

Anonymous said...

I have large dangly earrings shaped like red Christmas lights, that actually flash on and off.

It would be horrendous, except that wearing them makes me feel like a prostitute advertising myself (you know -- red light district?).

If I cut off my ears to avoid hearing annoying holiday ring tones, I wouldn't be able to wear my Christmas hooker earrings.

Denim Boy said...

Fweng: See, Christmas is nothing but shit.

LFM: Could you not hang the earrings from somewhere else?

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

You can always steal the motherfucker's phone.

Denim Boy said...

SSD: That would actually be easier and would involve a lot less blood.