04 December 2006

Men I have loved (2)




















#2 in an occasional series - Dean Cain


I knew when I was very young that I was 'not like other boys', but it wasn't until The New Adventures of Superman hit my TV screen on a Saturday evening just before Noel's House Party in 1993 that I realised exactly what this meant.

Here was the God amongst men Dean Cain and suddenly everything fell into place. I was 13, confused and full of hormones and he was every inch the superhero. With his rippling torso (which was never revealed as often as it should've been), dreamy eyes and big strong arms, I would've done anything to trade places with Teri Hatcher.

Dean Cain was the first man I ever imagined doing the dirty dirty with and my fantasies of him got me through my teens and beyond.

If they started doing repeats of this show, I'd probably never leave the house again.

He really was a super man.

3 comments:

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

I agree. A man of fantasies. Dare I admit this but I have most of the episodes of him topless on a video from back in the day (although I no longer own a VCR to watch them) - I'm now a proud owner of series 1 and 2. Although he mostly gets topless in season 3 & 4. My Christmas present for myself this year I think.

I've meet him and he was quite weird. Or maybe it was me just expecting him to fly off or something. He didn't make my heart skip a beat or anything like I expected - plus he's begining to look quite old - very unsuperman-like. The re-runs are on Sky. And the series 1-4 is out on DVD too. Maybe something to buy for Christmas?

Han said...

I actually wrote to Dean Cain- that's how obssessed I was. I got a postcard back signed "Super Wishes"...mmmm....

Denim Boy said...

My sister was so obsessed with Gary Lineker (?) growing up, that my mum arranged for him to send a card on her wedding.

It said: "Best wishes on your 'Match of the Day'."