19 December 2006

Not the only Grinch in town

At Last!

Proof that I am not the only person who is not 'over the pissing moon' that Crimble is just round the corner.

Emz sent me this email:

I have hardly heard any xmas music so far so luckily i'm not bored of that (although i do hate that fucking Pogues song....and wham!). I have only received cards from boring companies i deal with, and everyone's so boring here they dont talk about xmas. We go on xmas team "lunches" for the day and get rat-arsed but still no mention of xmas. That being the case i am more excited than most about xmas day. HOWEVER.... like you...the 'F' word is just not nice. Why we feel we HAVE to be all nice and family orientated for this one day, when normally i couldn't give a crap about the rest of my family, is beyond me. Why everyone puts up the pretence god only knows - but seeing as he doesn't even exist thats a dead-end! When I was younger it was clear, you had to be nice to family to get presents. I have now cottoned (that even a word?!!?) on to the fact that regardless of how 'nice' i am i still get presents. So this year i have vowed to say it as i see it. If my cousin shows her normal enthusiasm for the day by opening the door in her Adidas poppers and Nike t-shirt, instead of smiling nicely and telling her she looks good i'm going to be honest "what the fuck are you wearing that for? go upstairs and put some real clothes on, this is fucking xmas, make an effort would you". Then to my aunt whos attempts at cooking "the big meal" generally take around 5 hours and leave the rest of us hanging around simply waiting for a scrap of food to be ready. This year "why dont you hire caterers? No, the food isn't nice! It sux like every fucking year. You cant cook and it amazes me that you have got through 50 years of your life without knowing this?! Didn't the fact that your kids started cooking their own meals before they could even WALK not give you a clue?".....and on and on. To be honest, I dont even care if i dont get the Arsenal Calendar and the £10 HMV voucher.... i think i'll live. I'll feel better for telling the truth....and if it goes THAT badly i could even be home for eastenders.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Emz, I welcome you aboard The Grinch Express.

Who else wants to jump on board?


4 comments:

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Alas, it would finally appear I'm on board. Although be warned I'm a bit of a flight risk - I may get back off!

Denim Boy said...

Oh welcome, SSD.

Don't worry; your ticket will be valid for all Christmases from now, so if you need to get off this year, pop back on again next year.

Lovely to see you.

Bah humbug!

Anonymous said...

I am so on board! I work in retail and have been working on Spring Summer for the last four months! Christmas starts around June for me! FUCK CHRISTMAS!

Denim Boy said...

Mitzzi: Maybe my hatred springs from my days in retail too. The worst memory I have is of the Christmas music being played over and over and over and over again!

Damn right - FUCK CHRISTMAS!