11 December 2006

Quick whinge

People say some really annoying things.

Two of the things that really bug me have already been uttered in my earshot this morning, and I ain't happy!

* Annoyance #1: 'Random'. This word is perfectly relevant when talking about 'random number generators', or mathematical patterns or other such boring topics. But I find it most annoying when people use this word as an adjective to describe other people. A girl on the train this morning was telling the listener on her phone of her weekend 'kissing some random bloke'. I know what she's saying, but please, don't speak like that in public. It's very irritating.

* Annoyance #2: 'Blatantly': This word shares the top spot of my hate list of words and today's offender was a co-worker. Now if she had been talking about her failure to conceal an act, such as 'blatantly shoplifting', I would've accepted that with no problem. But what she was actually talking about was how she was 'blatantly going to get hammered at the party'. I don't know for definite, but I'd imagine she's the sort of girl who uses excessive exclamation marks and finishes most emails with 'LOL'.

The cretin!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A mate of mine lolls frequently.

When I first read an email of his that featured a lol back in 1874, I thought 'How odd. Sebastian never lolls in real life'.

I've got an awful feeling that there are billions of lollers out there sending lots and lots of lols with quite bored looking horizontal straight faces, the fucking liars.

Hmm. Sorry.

Denim Boy said...

Fucking lolling bastards.

They're almost as bad as those who say OMG, BTW or 'natch'.