18 December 2006

Misery and kisses

Once again, the weekend has passed me by and as if like magic, I am back at the office. I shouldn't really moan because this week will be the last full week I do in this building as I have the Christmas holiday and then I start my new BETTER job not long after the New Year. And that is just great.

I didn't really do much celebrating, though. Aside from the fact that money is rather tight at this time of year (and I actually got round to doing all my shopping for presents on Saturday), I have received some, shall I say negativity from people regarding my new job.

The people who count have been really supportive, i.e. mum and sister and best friends, but one of my close friends (who shall remain nameless) made less effort to appear pleased than you would expect and The Grisly didn't even say congratulations, merely telling me that as my pay was going up, so too would my rent as he doesn't work anymore (too lazy/apparently unwell) and 'the money has to come from somewhere'.

I won't dwell on either of these sour pussies here as moaning is not going to change them, but I do wonder when you should stop making allowances for people and their misery. Is cutting people like that out of your life a tad too far? Hmm, I wonder...

... Onto more positive news (for some): Snow (who is 'supremely supportive' re my job and is the only person so far who got me a card) had her work Christmas party on Saturday and it's fair to say, she's living the dream. Unlike me, she didn't embarrass herself by getting too drunk at the meal or shouting in people's faces or dancing her socks off.

No, she decided that her course of Christmas action was to snog the man she's fancied for the last 6 months. In the men's toilets. He has a girlfriend and Snow is not your usual scarlet woman, but he is apparently very scrummy and all the girls (and guys) in the office are in love with him and she was the lucky swine to bag him.

He told her that he had fancied her since her first met her and as a thank you, she jumped him in the toilets. I mean, obviously I was 'happy' for her, but in the back of my mind I knew that I should've done something similar with Mr Sexy Delicious. There will be no further work functions for me at this company and so I have lost my chance forever.

He probably would've given me a dry slap right across the chops, but better to regret something you've done than to regret not doing it.

Let's just hope there's a William at my new office and I can make up for lost time.

2 comments:

Tequilla Mockingbird said...

Why wait for a wokr function to launch yourself at Mr Sexy Delicious? take a leaf out of Snow's book and go snog the face off him in the toilets? You know he wants it, I know he wants it, it is now just time to convince him!

TM xx

Denim Boy said...

But TM, do you not remember his face when you planted your hand on his leg and said, "Where there's a Will, there's a way"?

If I launch myself at him, I might get arrested.

Or duffed up.

Hmm, me likes the sound of that!