10 November 2006

Thank Crunchie It's Friday

At last the weekend is here and I can get away from the sour mood in the office. Admittedly, the mood in question has been created by me and my "I've been made redundant, so I don't care much for that" attitude, but it's still there and it's still draining.

I am out of these doors as soon as the hand strikes 5:30 as I have a date with Doormouse and Snow. We are heading off for an evening of deliciously gay delights in Soho. I'm not really sure how any of us have got any money left at this late stage in the month, but they don't know each other that well and we keep saying we'll go out and something always comes up.

As is usually the case, I will be buying my drinks with help from my lovely overdraft. Technically at this point I should be staying at home with tap water and wholemeal pitta breads, but that just ain't going to wash, so drinking into debt is my chosen course of action.

With no dinner in our bellies and a rendezvous at 6pm, it is going to be a 'tired and emotional' evening for all concerned.

No comments: