21 November 2006

Meet me for lunch?

I get the impression that I'm going to wait months for Lady Eliza to get round to writing my profile. She's currently lauding it up in the honeymoon period of a new relationship with her hunky Italian Stallion, and therefore has no time to remember her single and fabulous friends. (Admittedly, she has more important things on her mind, such as trying to get him a job so he's not shipped off back to Milan.) So, I have taken matters - and my eternal singledom - into my own hands.

On the recommendation of a friend, I stumbled across
this site
. Rather than getting a friend to write your profile for you, you do it yourself, but this company match you with other singletons who work in the same area as you. Then when you meet up for a lunch date, you have the freedom of the one-hour time limit. Thus, if your date is a complete bore, you have the perfect excuse to leave: "Thank you for the wonderful egg and cress sandwich, Timothy, but I really must dash - I have back-to-back conference calls this afternoon and absolutely mustn't be late."

I am currently waiting for my profile to be approved and then I am ready to start searching. However, I think what I might do is have a look and see who's about and then wait for some hunky chap to get in touch with me. Seems less sad that way*.

Of course, herein lies the problem and the cause of my single status: waiting for someone else to make the first move all the time!


* I think all these new slants on online dating - friends writing your profile/meeting for lunch dates - are simply using marketing techniques to disguise the truth that you are in fact joining a dating agency. Still, if there's the chance of a meeting with The One, then why not forego the shame? I lived through speed dating, so I can technically achieve anything!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there you have inspired me to join too! Which station are you nearest to and I will seek you out? Bryn

Denim Boy said...

Ha, the nearest tube would be Blackfriars!