29 November 2006

I am the Music Man

All my musical prayers have been answered.

My friend Emz works in the music industry and she asked me the other day if there were any albums or singles I wanted. She is very ingenious and somehow manages to get anything up to 40 CDs on one DVD - for very special friends, obviously.

I sent her a lengthy email with a list of every single album I wanted - especially Jamiroquai, The Ordinary Boys and Sugababes - expecting her to laugh in my face* and when I got to work yesterday, there was a package waiting for me on my desk.

As soon as I got in last night, I popped it into my DVD player and before my very eyes was a grand total of 36 albums - all the ones I had requested. There simply wasn't enough time in the evening to skip through them all.

You could say that Christmas has come early for me and now I won’t have to spend all my wages on CDs. I can set them aside for jeans, trainers and skin care products instead.


* She didn't laugh in my face about the amount of albums I mentioned, but she did raise an eyebrow at the coolness of some of them - Girls Aloud, Samantha Mumba and Bananarama in particular.

No comments: