17 November 2006

I'm ready for my bus pass now

Adding to this blog has made it even clearer for me how quickly time flies. It only seems like five minutes ago I was saying 'thank Christ the weekend is here'. This week is somewhat better than last as I am now only seven days away from pay day, and believe you me, I really need it. As an added bonus, we always have free drinks after work the last Friday before we get paid, so the Magners will be on them tonight.

Last night was fun also as I spent three hours with the Style Brigade, Saskia and Sophia. We nipped to Starbucks after work and managed to make coffee (I had caramel hot chocolate) and a slice of Christmas cake last three hours. I wore my new stripy vintage jumper and carried my new umbrella. Sophia was the Green Goddess, wearing a pastel green Victoriana blouse, adorned with pearls and matching pea coat. Saskia was the Pink Princess and sat in a candy pink jersey dress with thick black tights and killer heels.

Most of the evening was spent putting the world to rights, but there was a point where I thought I was going to have to slap them both down. You see, they are lucky enough to be mere slips of girls at 24 and are both dreading the day they turn 25. If only they knew!

"It's so depressing," said Sophia. "I can't believe I'm going to be 25 in January."

At 27, their naivete made me chuckle.

"Just wait," I replied. "Turning 25 will be the worst thing that's ever happened to you. And then next year you'll be 26 and it will surprise you being even more horrific. And as for the next birthday? 27 is enough to push you over the edge. It's at this point you realise you're nearly 30."

Saskia choked on her chocolate chip cookie.

"Nearly 30? Practically dead."

Out of the mouths of bitches. 24 year old bitches.

2 comments:

Tequilla Mockingbird said...

Wanna hear something realy scary? The other day I realised I have only 15 months left until I am 30. . I think these 24 year old biaaches need to check themselves.

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

I'm in the same boat as your mates, I'm gonna be 25 in 2007 too. And I'm dreading it too (I feel for you both - 15 months ain't long) - For me though that's not the worse part, I have the added stress of choosing a wife soon (kinda like at a pick and mix at Woolies) - but what is a gay boi like me gonna do with a wife?

You provide proper entertainment, keep it up. I haven't laughed so hard in ages. It's refreshing when people don't candy coat what they think. Good luck with the job hunt.