30 November 2006

Girl after my own heart

Here is an email I received from Sophia this morning:

"
I had to let you know about the Adonis on my train this morning; I knew you’d appreciate this. He has been on it sporadically, mainly when I get the later train, which I shall get from now on, fuck work; I can be 10 mins late! Last week he was wearing a checked trilby, which I felt I couldn’t forgive him for, but dear God this morning, seriously he is amazing. Tall, fair hair, chiselled features, athletic looking, lovely suit, actually looks like a model. I can’t look at him for too long because I know whilst I’m staring he will end up looking at me and think 'stalker' and I’m also worried his beauty will fry my eyeballs."

This was brilliant and confirmed that I am not alone in my admiration of strangers on trains. I am having a similar experience at the moment as I've discovered if I get the train that makes me half an hour late for work, my very own Adonis jumps on at Finsbury Park. Mine has dark hair and the best tan on public transport. He also wears suits and carries a briefcase and is very scrummy indeed.

Of course, I try not to look at mine too long either, although checking his reflection out in the window has become my new favourite pastime.

Why aren't there more men like that on the trains?

No comments: