28 November 2006

Soon be decent again

Book I'm reading this week to appear intellectual on the tube: William Golding's Lord of the Flies
Book I'd actually enjoy reading: Marian Keyes' Sushi for
Beginners

After the coronary-on-a-plate that was my weekend, I was in dire need of a day off, so I used the last day of my holiday yesterday. We hadn't had much to drink, but all the cakes and pastries had sent me into a sugar coma and I felt hung over.

Snow also had the day off, so we spent it mooching around the shops looking for stuff to put into her new flat. At the weekend she's moving into a studio in Crouch End and she wants to fill it with some 'key pieces' to hide the fact that it's a shoe box with its own shower room.

In all honesty, I am supremely jealous that she will be moving back out of her parents' spare room and into her own place, and with her in Crouch End (or Crew Shond as she likes to say it) and Saskia ruling the roost in Highgate Village, I am green with envy that I am not yet living in leafy North London.

When my redundancy situation is over and I have a new high-flying career that reflects my overall levels of fabulousness, I will be in a position to say goodbye to The Bear once and for all and get my own 'bijous' studio.

Until then I will have to make do with using Snow's place as a London base.

We have pencilled in the following weekend for an actual 'weekend' where we go out and do it right like we used to.

I need to stand in the cold bartering with illegal cab drivers, feeling the ringing in my ears at the end of a night of dancing to know that I am alive!

No comments: