08 November 2006

Back on the Merry Go Round

This whole redundancy thing is a mother fucker. There's a possibility it could turn out to be a good thing. If I can get another (better) job during these next 8 weeks, then I can leave, take my cheque and buy all the things I want. (I should be paying off my overdraft that still hangs over my head from university and I'm sure my mum would appreciate getting back some of the thousands of pounds I owe her, but my iPod Shuffle is looking a bit sorry for itself and could do with updating to an actual iPod, there are many, many suits out there screaming for me to rescue them from the shops and I only own Series 5 of Will & Grace on DVD, so there are 7 other box sets with my name all over them.)

It's just I really hadn't expected to be on the job hunting trail again so soon. I was only promoted to my current position in June and I thought that would give me at least 18 months' grace before I had to start thinking about the horror that is The Job Interview.

I've been looking online for jobs and there are some out there, but updating the old CV, adapting the cover letter and getting myself into 'job search' mode is too taxing for words.

In an ideal world, the BBC would be doing auditions at the moment for the next series of Strictly Dance Fever; I would apply, get on the show, win, steal the hearts of the nation and then be offered a starring role in a new West End dance production. Then I'd probably take it to Broadway and make the transition from musicals to Hollywood.

I might have a quick look on the BBC website to see when they start the next series. Graham Norton, here I come.

No comments: