19 October 2006

Trying to Kid a Kidder

Logged on to my Hotmail this morning and lo and behold, a reply from my new friend. It read:

"Is my delight contacting you? Thank you for your swift and prompt response. I am sorry I do not know if Mr Andrew Shoemaker had a mark. So I need reliable individual to assist me in this matter. Are you able? If you accept this offer to work with me, I need the following:

1) Your full name
2) Your bank address and referral number
3) Your age occupation and position

"Let this be confidential to only both of us because I am still serving in government, as soon as the fund get to you account I would retire from office and join you for sharing proceedings.

"Kindly indicate your interest by sending an email to me so that I can give you the Solomon Toure."

Bless that funny little Nigerian fraudster. Here's how I replied:

"Dear Solomon,

"Your delight has definitely contacted me. I am 72 years old and a retired sergeant in the British armed forces. I have worked with many actors and popstars doing secret missions they do not want the Queen or Prime Minister to know about. I would like to help you out, despite what appears to be a very limited grasp of the English language.

"PLEASE give me the Solomon Toure!"

I await his response again. I hope he doesn't get suspicious though.



No comments: