24 October 2006

End of the Line

It's the second day of the week, but my first one of feeling normal. We had work drinks on Friday, even though no one was leaving. It didn't seem right to be at the end of the week and not have to crowd round someone's desk to listen to a painfully embarrassing leaving speech.

We had the top floor of a pub on the river closed off and we all got drunkety, drunk, drunk. I've discovered Magners and declare that it's my new favourite drink. I wouldn't normally touch cider as it brings back memories of being 14 years old with a dodgy centre parting and sitting at train stations downing bottles of Diamond White and puking on my jeans. But Magners is different. It's over ice and it's all very grown up. After downing a few of those (I haven't learnt!), I was in full swearing and dancing mode.

I left the pub at half ten with Little Lou and The Hungarian and we went to Soho to sniff out a dance floor. Now, I might not know a lot of things, but I do know about dance floors. And yet for some reason, I allowed us to end up in Madame Jo Jo's. I am not a tourist and I am not a student, so I didn't really fit in. The music was OK, but it was a bit too 'deep funk' for my liking and there were some rude boy break dancers busting some shapes on the dance floor. Which was the size of a shoe box. Hmm, all very entertaining if you're watching them on You Tube during your lunch break, but when I'm drunk and ready to dance, I don't want to share the dance floor with people who are actually better than me.

The weekend carried on in much the same fashion and yesterday I was dead on my feet at work. Which is to be expected, really.

So, today I am fresh as a daisy and ready to pretend I'm interested in everything my co-workers have to say. Roll on 5pm so I can pop on my iPod and sleep on the train!

Oh, and I got a reply from my Nigerian conman, Solomon.

He replied with: "Na u sabi?"

I don't know what that means exactly, but I'm pretty sure he's on to me. Looks like my scam baiting days are over.

Now what am I going to do when I should be working??

No comments: