26 October 2006

Midweek Debauchery

Hmm, it's unusual to be this hung over on a Thursday, but I am currently suffering at my desk. Again!

On Tuesday evening I met up with Law Girl, an old school friend who's training to be a lawyer. We hadn't actually seen each other for about 5 years, so we had quite a lot of catching up to do. She had lots of stories to tell: going to Africa to help build a hospital; returning back to University to train to become a lawyer; landing a job getting paid an obscene amount of money. And what did I have to tell her? That I'd discovered the limited edition cappuccino doughnut at Krispy Kreme. Well, half the proceeds do go to charity.

The situation was remedied by us sinking two bottles of wine each, and then it all got a bit messy. Yes, she's a lawyer who wears smart suits and has a Mulberry bag, but she still ended up on her hands and knees outside the pub on Stamford Street, puking her guts up. I'm such a good friend for pulling her hair out of her face and rubbing her back.

With the mother of all hang overs, I went out with Doormouse after work last night as I couldn't face getting on the tube to go home. Another two bottles of wine later and we were back at his flat dancing to Baby D 'Let me be your fantasy'.

It's now 10:51am and I am yet to utter a word to anyone in the office. I'm not sure how I'm going to survive till 5pm. I keep receiving emails from co-workers asking me questions and so far I've ignored all of them. If I stay quiet all day, maybe they won't even know I'm here.

I am definitely NOT going out tonight. Although, a Bloody Mary does sound quite appealing right now...

No comments: