12 October 2006

I Feel Inferior

Are some people put on this earth just to make us feel bad about ourselves? It doesn't matter how well you're dressed or how much fun you're having, there are some people who make you feel inadequate.

After work yesterday I went for a bite to eat with a couple of Lady Friends and the evening was ruined by a couple of devilishly dashing men.

I'd met up with Saskia and Sophia for some nibbles in cafe Emm, on Frith Street. The food was great - I had bangers and mash followed by a chocolate pot; the wine was flowing and we all had super fun. Perhaps to the outside world we might have looked like we were pretty decent. Saskia works in fashion and was wearing her key look for the season - all grey with pink accessories; Sophia has just got back from her travels around South East Asia and her glorious tan was accompanied with a great 50s tea dress and some black beads; and I was head-to-toe in a brand new outfit, including my new vintage jeans and belt.

We were laughing and chatting and enjoying ourselves, but as we went to leave, I saw a couple of guys sitting by the door, gazing into each other's eyes. And they were both so cool and gorgeous and totally lost in what each other was saying. Their hair was immaculately groomed, their skin was freshly tanned from the sunbed and they were both very stylish indeed. Either guy on his own would have made me sick with envy, but seeing them together was too much to handle.

Why were they so perfect and so happy? And why am I so single and so miserable? No matter how well things were going, or how nice my jeans were, seeing those two sickeningly chiselled and loved up boys was enough to make me want to throw myself under the first train on the Northern Line.

I hope they choked on their falafels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't throw yourself under a train. Please! Aside from the fact that most of the gay men in London would miss out on your witicisms, you'd probably knacker the tube line for a good few hours while they scrape your innards off the rails...