28 September 2006

Lucky Number 7

It turns out that I was much more bothered about the outcome of the Speed Dating fiasco than I'd given myself credit for. I wasn't interested in any one of the guys I met, but once the time came to rate people, I suddenly wanted them all to find me attractive. Conceited? Possibly. I wouldn't have even contemplated going on a date with them, I just didn't want to be rejected by people I wasn't interested in.

Did I get any ticks? Well, yes, I did. You have the option to tick for friendship, for dating or for both. Of the 21 other guys that were there, 5 of them ticked me for friendship and 2 for dating. In order for me to find out who had ticked me for what, I had to also tick them, so I played a bit of a detective game by ticking some just to see if they ticked me. For the ones that didn't, they'll now think I was interested in them, but at least I know which ones were into me.

I spent the best part of the day checking back in to see if anyone else had ticked me. All this for a bunch of blokes I didn't even fancy. But still, I wanted them to fancy me, though!!

What was most baffling was, despite his rancid drunken behaviour, Doormouse managed to get 9 ticks in total, 3 of which were for dating. But he called those men c*nts! Maybe that's what I should've done.

Next Step? If any of them email me, I'll email them back, but I'm certainly not going to instigate any contact myself.

Conclusion? It was fun (I think), but I wouldn't sink to that level again. Back to the drawing board, I think.

And no, the skin cancer man didn't tick me. And neither did the Yank.

No comments: