22 September 2006

Embarrassment Central

OK, well the working week is drawing to a close and I couldn't let that happen without mortifying myself before I've even got to my desk.

There's a new guy working in our marketing department called William, but I call him Mr Sexy Delicious. He wears amazing fitted suits and looks very dapper. He holds a pint like a real man and he has the air of a Premiership football player about him. Obviously, he's so far from interested in me it's laughable.

However, that doesn't stop me admiring him from afar. If I knew how to conduct myself in such situations, it'd be fine, but I don't.

Earlier on in the week, I was coming out of the toilets as he was about to go in. We could have easily manoeuvred around each other with no problem, but I got flustered, bumped into the door and then apologised. He laughed, said "sorry, dude" and walked past.

Yesterday as I was coming out of the kitchen, we had a similar incident, except I was going in to the kitchen as he was leaving. Again, I couldn't let it go without making a prat of myself and almost fell onto the water cooler and again apologised.

This morning I was soaked right through because my umbrella had broken, I had a giant overnight bag as I'm staying out all weekend and I was struggling to get my security pass out of my back pocket at the front door. He comes breezing past in his Saville Row finest, a mist of Chanel Allure above his head, takes one look at my red face and rain-soaked hair sticking to my forehead and grins.

After I'd convinced the security guard that I do in fact work in the building, I then had to get in a cramped lift right next to William. It was really difficult fighting the urge to hurl myself at him to tell him I wanted to marry him.

If he doesn't think I'm mental, he must be blind.

Is it possible to be in love with someone you've never actually spoken to?

No comments: