26 September 2006

Nervous Much?

Hmm, I am very much on edge this morning. As usual, I've managed to sign myself up for something that I didn't want to do and now the hour of reckoning is approaching, I want to throw myself out of the window.

Doormouse has been trying to get me to go to a Gay Speed Dating event for months and foolishly, I finally gave in. Why? I really don't know.

He says that it'll be 'funny' and 'hilarious' and 'it'll give us something to talk about for ages'. I think it'll be 'horrific' and 'uncomfortable' and 'it'll make me want to peel my own skin off'.

He also reckons that aside from 'having a laugh', there's the possibility that we might actually meet some decent guys. I can only shudder at the kind of men who are going to attend a gay speed dating event at Turnmills on a Tuesday evening.

In my head, I'm hoping that Will Young and Jeremy Sheffield will be there and they'll fight over me and I'll end up taking them both home.

Of course, the reality is it'll be a room full of sad, lonely old mincers with acne and breath issues.

I hope I make it out alive!

No comments: